Saturday, April 13, 2024

BREAKING NEWS

HomeTop LeaguesPremier LeagueNewcastle’s Sandro Tonali charged by FA over alleged breaches of betting rules

Newcastle’s Sandro Tonali charged by FA over alleged breaches of betting rules

Newcastle midfielder Sandro Tonali has been charged with misconduct relating to alleged breaches of the Football Association’s betting rules.

The English Football Association has announced that Sandro Tonali has been charged with breaking their betting rules. Newcastle midfielder has until April 5 to respond to the charges.

“It’s alleged that the Newcastle United midfielder breached FA Rule E8 50 times by placing bets on football matches between 12 August 2023 and 12 October 2023,the FA said in a statement.

Tonali is serving a 10-month ban from football for betting on matches in Italy following an investigation by prosecutors in Turin. The 23-year-old Italian joined Newcastle from AC Milan in July last year.

Newcastle said in a statement: “Newcastle United acknowledges a misconduct charge received by Sandro Tonali in respect of alleged breaches of FA Betting Rules.

Sandro continues to fully comply with relevant investigations and he retains the club’s full support.

Due to this ongoing process, Sandro and Newcastle United are unable to offer further comment at this time.”

Sam Barton
Sam Barton
Sam Barton fell in love with football during the 98 World Cup and has been fascinated by it ever since. The tactical side of the game is what truly inspires him to think, read and write about football, making him the ideal football writer.
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Posts